Sunday, August 9, 2009

that's love

the priest's gospel awhile ago at the mass was about love. he justified that love from God is not literal but a figure of speech. he said that love can be felt from other people who cares for you like your friends. i believe i received this gift of giving love when i prayed hard for it. for i felt i was selfish from the past. i was at the church and while praying i don't understand what feeling it was but it brought me only tears. tears of overwhelm i guess. it's like the holy spirit embracing me. it was a good feeling. 

it started my feeling of love and nationalism when cory aquino passed away a week ago. i read her in books. she was a president who freed my people from a dictator and so what. i was only a month old when all those things happened. so it didn't matter to me. but i felt the love of the nation when people rallied to her coffin wherever the casket maybe, moving or not. i suddenly became part of what they have called 26 years ago, people power. i now understand what it meant. people power is a belief with a common cause amongst everyone's interest for the common good. it's all about caring with one another and being responsible to your mankind. my mom went to the wake and she said that people are very nice and smiling to one another who are strangers. that's the perfect example of love to other people in a macro level. 

another blow hit me about a personal friend around the same time. she had a traumatic experience and became sick, mentally. people message me asking what happened to her which i had no idea because she was avoiding me recently until i probed around what she has been doing. it's really painful to see a dear friend whom you are concerned about going through that kind of thing. maybe God made me her angel to help her reach her family and let them know that their daughter needs medical help, TLC and attention. since she can't do it on her own. i made out of my way to let them know and the family is so thankful to me. like what the priest have said, love is something you do for a friend who needs help without asking for anything in return. our relationship is a deep friendship and she was my cheerleader in my rock bottom. she openly say to other people that she loves me because she's that person. and it all changed. i have no access to her so it's time for me to be her cheerleader even if we don't talk. i may not be vocal but my actions and prayers are with her. 

i have a hard time being vocal about love. even to my parents. i know that God loves all of us. so i'm praying and hoping that on the right time and His willingness, i will know how to say love to that one person who's coming on his way for me. 

No comments: