Friday, March 13, 2009

beauty special

as a young single woman who is still knowing herself, experiments with dating and struggles with her career, wonders... what really makes a woman happy and content? is it her status in life or having a love in her life or is it settling down and have a family? they say you must have both, the career and love. but what about those who just have one out of the two or none at all just because they opt to.

i blame it not on the alcohol but on the hormones for being happy and sad. there are days when i feel i'm so glee about nothing and there are depressing days when sudden attacks of loneliness occur. one day, a friend sent me an e-book entitled, 'how to find your one true love' by bo sanchez who happened to be an ex-priest who got married. since i like to read self-help (because yes, i do need help! lol) and relationship books, i quickly started to read it. he said a lot of tips and advices and what i became most interested is the chapter entitled "be attractive."

attraction secrets from a guy's point of view  (from 'how to find your one true love' by bo sanchez)

1. feel you're beautiful
-- it's true that whatever you project happens. so you might as well promote a positive one about yourself.
2. don't hide your sexuality
-- it's human nature. just sing the song, i got it from my mama! haha

3. be happy 
-- it just means be contented with what God gave you and read: law of attraction. ;)

4. be friendly
  -- smile is the word

5. be humble
-- as what the lady on the radio said about her user-ex, "shempre di mo naman pwede sabihin sa lalake na mayaman ka!" ("of course you can't tell a guy you have more money than him!") hahaha

6. be affirming
-- ergo, he must feel like a god hahahaha

7. be modest
-- don't look like a slut when you're walking at the mall lol

8. be yourself
-- stay normal to your crush. if he likes you no ifs and buts :)

9. be pretty as you can be
-- take time to go to salons, get your hair done or eyebrows... just don't overdo it. it doesn't mean you have to be vain or narcissist, it's caring for yourself. :) 


personal beauty has been my quest since i was little. my family used to tease me that i looked like a duck ergo an ugly duckling. i was white as pale, thin and bony with huge lips, flat nose with no eyelids because of my asian chinky eyes. until i grew in my high school years literally and figuratively. i became way chubby as in fat but i didn't bother because i had always been confident. i think i was cute anyway. while my then friends were having boyfriends and having adventures, i didn't care at all. i just became conscious when i was already in college. grew my hair long, went to gym, went on dieting and my body coordinated by having curves and my face developed as well and alas, ugly duckling no more. i'm not glorifying myself because i've always believe that beauty is subjective and my point here is... beauty is something you work for and look after. 



dove real beauty campaign - evolution
i was so awed when i first saw this two years ago and still am :)


there are days when women feel they are very pretty and very ugly. it's not insecurity from the models on the magazines who are made up by beauty experts or the surgically enhanced ones, it's just normal. i have no judgement for people who go to cosmetic clinics, if it boosts their confidence then why not? and the fact that they can pay! heck if i had the money i'd definitely go to one. 

a year ago, i totally forgot to take care of myself. i ate junk food whenever i was stressed which was most of time. i partied and not get enough sleep to forget about my grievances and so i can to let loose. i had a lot of excuses to exercise. it came to a point that my good friends honestly told me to keep off the weight and bad frenemies who talk behind my back gossip on me getting fat. 

basically, i neglected my well-being. it only sinked in when i saw a post-christmas picture of me tagged by a friend at facebook and hell shocked i was. so i told myself, i need to act fast. and now, i'm working on it although it's really a sacrifice and meant to change my lifestyle. but boy, i sure am glad i did made the choice. 

No comments: