Thursday, January 1, 2009

i'm not a party girl, a party woman

it's january!!! 21 days before my 23rd birthday. damn, i feel old. true, i'm older, wiser and more mature (haha). i have now the sense of responsibility. :P my 22nd year is wild. for my 23rd, it'll be tamer, of course there must be change. i'll just shock everyone. bwahaha i have no idea yet what i'm gonna do for my special day. usually it's a dinner with the family. 

i'll never forget my 18th birthday. months before it, i told my parents i don't want to wear a fluffy gown and have the conventional debutante coming out to the world party. i want a unique one. so i pitched my idea. i wanted it to be like an event. i'd like to see family and friends in a custom styled party by me. i wanted it in a venue hall at a hotel or a club depending on the theme. the themes playing on my mind were 'the white party,' 'the balinese-oriental party' and 'the glam party.' 

for the white party, obviously people will just have to wear white ala people in the hamptons, the hall will be white from the curtains, table skirts, flowers, table pieces, etcetera. 7 course meal of american cuisine will be served. i'll be wearing a lacy white dress. 


the white party at the hamptons look

for the balinese-oriental party, everything asian, there will be no chairs but cocktail tables and full of cushions and flowing fabrics. cocktails and asian cuisine is served. i'll have at least 2 costume changes. one in kimono and my party dress. guests are required to wear something oriental. 


the balinese vibe

for the glam party, it's like the vanity fair oscar party. people should be wearing formal attire. the venue here is in a club/bar. the color will be everything red. i would be wearing a gold dress. love it! i can't decide which one because they were all just fabulous. 


french actress marion cotillard at the vanity fair oscar party


i was in my most strict diet and fitness routine and the sexiest in my life for it. the planning stage was perfect. until when i opened up the idea to my mom. having a traditional conservative parents is tough. in advertising jargon, "binaril ako ng kliyente" meaning they dismissed the idea. i was so sad and cried. so i had another idea and pitched. i talked to my dad and said, "dad, if you and mom doesn't want my custom styled party, i'll just ask for my own car."  after a month around september, we picked up my new baby at the toyota branch and drove it home. i was the happiest girl. :)

after that i never had a party of my own. i just went to all the cool parties in town when i started to work. it was damn great to be in advertising in your early 20s. the parties were just crazy. it went to the saturation point that i feel i'm retired from it. vip access was so easy because of my then work. i was always dressed up coz i'll never know til that day which party will i be. love it! :D

but i'm now taking it slow... :)

No comments: